Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mistletoe

MISTLETOE
by Autumn

He was leaning against the archway with his arms crossed as I walked in from putting the last of the Christmas decorations up outside. ‘Is something wrong?’ I asked nervously, shaking the snow from my hair. 

“Yes Sweetie, something is seriously wrong. I want you to come here right now.” He said, pointing to the floor beside him.

My mind went into overdrive as to what I could’ve done wrong. ‘What did I do?’

‘I’ll do the talking, you do what your told or things could get worse for you.’ 

 “Yes sir.” I said and slowly walked over to my pending doom. 

He looked down at me with his stern brown eyes. “I’m really disappointed in you love.” 

“What did I do wrong?” I asked, almost in tears.

He slowly pointed a finger above our heads with a smirky grin and pulled me in a tight hug. “You’ve hung up the mistletoe and haven’t even kissed me yet.”

A huge smile crept across my face as I tiptoed and wrapped my arms around his neck.  “Well…I better take care of that right away.” I said, as I reached up and passionately kissed my man.

No comments: